Summer Tuna Salad
Open and drain one can of tuna (solid white albacore, dolphin-safe, in water).
- about a tablespoon of mayo (or more to taste)
- a teaspoon of lemon juice (fake from a bottle is fine, rice vinegar would probably also be ok)
- a tablespoon of olive oil (canola oil or veg oil will not do; this is what gives this a grown-up taste
- salt & pepper
- small handful (2-3 tablespoons) of nuts (I suggest almonds, walnuts, or pecans)
- small handful (1-2 tablespoon) of dried fruit (I suggest craisins or raisins, but also try dried apricots).
Stir to insure equal distribution. Enjoy!
Although the nuts and berries tend to be a bit pricy, they last a while (and are even more cost effective if you buy them in bulk). The whole thing has a nice protein punch, but with a yummy sweetness from the craisins.
Also: crasins + almonds make a great mid-afternoon snack that satisfies the hunger urge while letting you nosh during long lectures. For an extra treat, splurge and mix in a pack of M&Ms from the vending machine.