adapted from Bon Appetit
makes about four servings
* 3 limes, cut into small wedges
* about half a peeled cucumber, blended until pulpy (or cut into thin slices)
* 3/4 cup gin
* 4 tablespoons simple syrup (recipe below)
* 2 cups cracked ice (or, you know, ice cubes)
* big pinch of sea salt
1. Place lime and cucumber in cocktail shaker and MASH until lime is juiced.
2. Add gin and simple syrup, then ice.
4. Shake vigorously.
5. Pour into glass with ice.
6. Sprinkle with salt.
7. Garnish with cucumber stirrers.
Optional: To cut down on the amount of alcohol in a serving (because, let’s face it, you’re going to want more than one), add liberal splashes of tonic water or unflavored seltzer.
To make simple syrup: Stir one cup sugar and one water in small saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Boil for one minute. Chill and use!